Our top 3 winter hiking tips:
Penkenjoch Circuit Hike
This is the biggest tour and includes the BergWaldWeg and the WinterWanderWeg Penken. There is even a special ticket, the "Loop Hike Ticket", for this tour. It includes all 4 rides with the gondolas.
- Our suggested hike is described here
- Restaurants and restrooms: near all stations of the trail
- Ticket: Penkenjoch Loop Hike Ticket or regular ski ticket
You can easily reach the starting point with the 10-seater gondola Finkenberg. Once there you can enjoy the BergWaldWeg with its great views and nice panoramas until you reach the mountain station of the Penkenbahn. From there you can decide if you want to go down to Mayrhofen or walk back to the Finkenberger Almbahn. Here is our suggested route.
- Restaurants near all stations
- Ticket if you return to Finkenberger Almbahn: ascent and descent middle station
- Ticket if you go to Mayrhofen: Loop Hike Ticket
Penkenjoch - Penken - return
With a walking time of 1 hour, the Penken winter hiking trail is perfect for a small winter hike. After walking alongside the Penkenjoch reservoir, you will pass the impressive Capella Granata before heading to the top station of the Penken combi-lift and back again. The panorama at the Penkenjoch extends over large parts of the Zillertal Valley and is well worth seeing!
- Ticket: ascent and descent Penkenjoch