Tobogganing at Bichlalm
A comfortable ascent with the gondola from Hintertux to the Sommerberg ensures an effortless start to all the tobogganing excitement. Once at the top, the fun can begin:
- Option 1: Have a nice hike of about an hour until you are at the Bichlalm. Here you can enjoy good food and drinks. After your visit, you can also rent a sled and continue your journey on skids. You can deposit your sled in the valley at the assigned area.
- Option 2: Bring your sled or rent it at the valley station. Once at Sommerberg point your sled in the direction of Bichlalm. The first part of the route can be done on your sled. After a while, you will have to tow your sled for a bit until you are at the Bichlalm. Here, you can look forward to sampling some delicious Tyrolean specialities.
- Sunday and Monday: until 6 p.m.
- Tuesday until Friday: until 11 p.m.
- closed on Saturday
Tobogganing at Höllensteinhütte
You can hike to the Höllensteinhütte where different delicacies and drinks are served. After a good time you can use your own sled or rent on at the Höllensteinhütte and sled down the mountain. There is a special area for rented sleds at the end.
- Tuesdays: 2.00 p.m. to 11.00 p.m.
- Wednesday–Saturday: 11.30 a.m. to 11.00 p.m.
- closed on Monday
Tips for carefree tobogganing fun
- warm and weatherproof clothing
- sturdy shoes with non-slip soles
- ski goggles and gloves
- Pocket or head lamp for tobogganing in the evening
- a helmet for optimal safety – especially for children
A toboggan with a steering strap and inwardly folded rails increases safety - a plastic bob is not suitable for natural toboggan runs
For your safety:
- Keep the seat free of snow and dry
- “Don’t drink and drive” also applies to tobogganing – remember that alcohol affects your ability to react
- If you hike up the toboggan run, you can use the climb to inspect the route and note tricky spots
- While walking up, always walk at the edge of the track in order not to hinder the tobogganers sledging downhill. Keep dogs on a short leash and never stand in blind places
- For toboggan runs with car traffic, make sure that the run is approved for tobogganing. Please stick to the tobogganing times if specified - for your safety!